Frequently Asked Questions
- My needle rope is shorter than it is on the package
- Needle Tips are shorter than specified in the description
- My rope detaches from the needle tip at the knitting
- Needle + rope + needle = 40 cm
- Can products be combined?
- Size table mm to US / UK sizes
My needle rope is shorter than it is on the package
Cable lengths are specified on the packaging of a needle rope or the depositors with needle sets. This length refers to the length of a circular needle.
Therefore, for example a size displayed on the packaging of 80 means a length for a circular needle of 80 cm total length. So needle tip + rope + needle tip
- 20 cm length of rope for 40 cm / 16'' circular needle
- 28 cm length of rope for 50 cm / 20'' circular needle
- 35 cm length of rope for 60 cm / 24'' circular needle
- 56 cm length of rope for 80 cm / 32'' circular needle
- 76 cm length of rope for 100 cm / 40'' circular needle
- 94 cm length of rope for 120 cm / 47'' circular needle
- 126 cm length of rope for 150 cm / 60'' circular needle
When using a crochet hook with a needle rope and stopper as Tunisian/Afghan crochet hook, the achieved length is about 14 cm shorter. So with needle rope for 80 cm Circular needle an approx. 66 cm length is a Tunisian / Afghaniche crochet hook.
Needle Tips are shorter than specified in the description
The length of needle tips is specified with 128 mm in length. The manufacturer expects it the length of the needle tip + the metal part on the rope as the length of the needle tip. It made 2 different lengths on needle 128 mm and the some shorter 100 mm tips.
My rope detaches from the needle tip at the knitting
- Watch my short video is to, as the cable is attached properly, so there's no frustration when using.
click here for the video You may need additional software to play MPG files
Needle + rope + needle = 40 cm
Can products be combined?
- Yes, this is possible, provided that you do not attempt to combine products of different manufacturers.
- all ropes from KnitPro (red, black, black-gold) can be connected to all needle and crochet hooks of KnitPro.
- also the products of the manufacturer addi are combined
- with each new connection a new knitting or crocheting fun will start
Size table mm to US / UK sizes
|3.00mm||US 2.5||40 cm||15"|
|3.25mm||US 3||50 cm||20"|
|3.50mm||US 4||60 cm||24"|
|3.75mm||US 5||80 cm||32"|
|4.00mm||US 6||100 cm||40"|
|4.50mm||US 7||120 cm||47"|
|5.00mm||US 8||150 cm||60"|
|5.50mm||US 9||175 cm||70"|
|6.00mm||US 10||200 cm||80"|
|6.50mm||US 10.5||250 cm||100"|
|7.00mm||US 10.75||275 cm||110"|